My name is Carrie and I am living in India serving at Sarah's Covenant Homes, an orphanage for abandoned children with physical and developmental disabilities. I am a foster mama to twelve beautiful girls with special needs. They bring me incredible amounts of joy! I feel so blessed that God has called me to live this life.

*The children's blog names (not their real names) are used online to protect their privacy.

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." John 14:18


Tuesday, June 17, 2014

On my way!

And I'm off! I am writing this as I sit in the Chicago airport awaiting my next flight to London. From there I will fly to Hyderabad, India. When I arrive it will be early Thursday morning India time. I'll spend some time in Hyderabad resting and playing with the SCH kids living there. A couple foster families along with all our babies live in Hyderabad. Then I will hop on an overnight bus to Ongole where I will finally be reunited with my girls! :)

While I am unbelievably excited and ready to be in India, saying goodbye was hard. I cried in the Knoxville airport as I said goodbye to my closest friends and family. But as the plane was taking off, God just filled my heart with this huge peace. India is where I am supposed to be right now. This is where God is calling me. I'll miss my friends and family so much it hurts, but the Lord is my great Comforter. He lives in me and will give me the strength, courage, peace, joy, patience, and whatever else I need each and every day.

So, goodbye America. Goodbye cheeseburgers, steak, and bacon. Goodbye all my wonderful, wonderful friends, family, and church family. I will miss you all greatly but God has amazing things planned.

It's going to be wild. It's going to be great. It's going to be full of Him.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen."












No comments:

Post a Comment